Understanding the Risks of Solely Utilising Instagram and WhatsApp for Business Promotion
Living in a digital age, numerous businesses have pivoted to platforms like Instagram and WhatsApp as a medium to promote their offerings. However, exclusively relying on such platforms may open the door to substantial risks. For enduring business success, it is vital to maintain a diversified online footprint. This article delves into the potential hazards of relying solely on Instagram and WhatsApp for marketing and highlights the benefits of owning a business website.
The Pitfalls of Solely Depending on Instagram and WhatsApp for Business Marketing
- Lack of control over content and presentation: Platforms like Instagram and WhatsApp frequently update their algorithms, potentially affecting content visibility. Also, these platforms impose certain restrictions on post formats, hampering your brand expression and message communication.
- Dependence on third-party platforms: Promoting businesses on social media platforms entrusts them with your online presence, exposing your business to the risk of account suspension or termination and damaging your brand image. Moreover, data privacy issues emerge with reliance on these third-party platforms, which control data collection, storage, and sharing.
- Audience constraints: Social media channels only cater to some. Some potential customers might not be active on Instagram or WhatsApp, leading to a loss of potential clientele who prefer other online platforms or avoid social media.
The Perks of Owning a Business Website
- Absolute control over content and presentation: A business website grants the liberty to customise its design and branding, allowing you to choose the appropriate format and multimedia to display your offerings without adhering to Instagram or WhatsApp’s rules and guidelines.
- Enhanced credibility and professionalism: A business website with a custom domain name and branded email addresses increases credibility and customers’ confidence in your professionalism. Showcasing portfolios, case studies, and testimonials on your website further solidify your authority and dependability.
- Search engine optimisation (SEO): SEO benefits are a significant reason for having your website. By optimising your site, you can boost your visibility in search engine results and attract more customers who are looking for your products or services.
- Data ownership and control: Owning a website means having complete control over user data and analytics, which can guide your marketing decisions and help tailor your content to your audience’s preferences.
- E-commerce functionalities: A business website enables direct selling to customers through integrated e-commerce solutions, creating a smooth shopping experience by offering various payment methods and shipping options.
- Enhanced customer support and communication: A business website offers multiple channels for customer interaction, such as live chat, contact forms, and email support. Hosting FAQs and knowledge base articles can address frequent customer queries, saving time for both parties.
- Accessibility and inclusivity: Ensuring your website complies with web accessibility guidelines allows you to cater to a wider audience, including individuals with disabilities. This not only fosters inclusivity but also broadens your potential customer base.
The Worthwhile Effort of Building a Business Website
A business website is an invaluable resource in our increasingly digital world. While Instagram and WhatsApp can be practical promotional tools, diversifying your online footprint and investing in a website offers greater control, credibility, and accessibility. Developing a professional and user-friendly website can boost your brand’s online presence and improve customer service, ensuring long-term success. Buying a website that embodies your brand and links to your branded email will pay off in the long run.